Join Leslie in December to learn the basics of watercolor in the Beginning Workshops or brush up on your skills during the Intermediate Workshops!
Leslie will support students as they take a painting from start to finish each week. These live and interactive workshops will take place using the Zoom platform with a maximum of 10 students per workshop.
- Week 1: Absolute Beginners: Learn the basics of watercolor technique, color mixing, and create your first painting. Dec. 1st and 3rd, 9:30-11:30, $60*
- Week 2: Create Small Watercolor Paintings for cards or gifts, Dec. 8th and 10th, 9:30-11:30, $60*
- Week 3: Glazing with Watercolor, Dec. 15th and 17th, 9:30-11:30, $60*
- Week 1: Using Nature as our Inspiration, Dec. 1st and 3rd, 12:30-2:30, $60*
- Week 2: Negative Painting, Dec. 8th and 10th, 12:30-2:30, $60*
- Week 3: Combining Watercolor and Ink, Dec. 15th and 17th, 12:30-2:30, $60*
- $60 per week or *$170 for all 3 weeks
- Weekly workshops include both Tuesdays & Thursdays, morning for Beginning Watercolor or afternoon for Intermediate Watercolor
- Students will complete one painting per week
- Class will be online using the Zoom platform
- Watercolor paint (preferable dried in palette from the tube)
- Watercolor brushes
- Arches Watercolor Paper,140lb, 100% cotton, 10”x14” or smaller (for Intermediate students)
- 140lb Canson or Strathmore 300 series, cold press (for Beginning Watercolor)
- Masonite Board (a bit larger than your paper)
- Artist masking tape
- Paper Towels
- 2 Water containers
- Waterproof technical pens (this is only for Intermediate Watercolor, Week 3)
- Optional supplies to have available: scissors, and an apron.
Leslie has a BFA in Painting but her work has included textile design, illustration, mosaic, murals and mixed media work. With 10 years of teaching experience, she always strives to facilitate an environment where students in her class learn to trust their instincts, and begin to see art as a process and adventure.
Contact Leslie: firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and registration.